Friday, February 10, 2012

Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry

My hubby and I are big fans of Chinese food. We ate it a lot when we were dating and we still enjoy it today though I make it at home more than we eat it out. I found this recipe on Taste of Home and made it for lunch one day. I liked it because the chicken isn't breaded and fried, it isn't laden down with very salty soy sauce but is sweet and it is brimming with veggies and pineapple. Now, as I have said before, I am developing an aversion to meat so I picked the chicken out of mine when it was done but my hubby ate it all and loved it. It's a super easy dinner dish so give it a try!




Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry from Taste of Home

Ingredients

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced (1 tsp bottled minced garlic)

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (I use Perdue)2 tablespoons canola oil
1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend (I had and used a 24 oz bag!)
1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
Hot cooked rice

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.

In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

Add the vegetables; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.



Stir in pineapple and reserved soy sauce mixture; heat through.

Serve with rice and a yummy, homemade juice!

Makes 6 servings

**Hannah**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...